Are you looking to earn extra money in the evenings and weekends? Are you looking for work that can fit around your studies, job, business, or current commitments? Do you have a driving licence and your own car? If so, please read on…
Who We Are
Showtime Photo Booth is the go-to company for photo booth hire in London. We cater for a range of events across the capital which include experiential and brand activations, corporate events, weddings and private parties.
We do all kinds of events in some really cool and unusual venues. Our events are always filled with laughter as the guests try on props, take funny photos and have a good time.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be expected to set up and manage our photo booth(s) at a variety of events in London. No two events will ever be the same and you will meet lots of new people from all walks of life and get a chance to eat event food regularly!
The work is always event-based and the dates, times and locations (mainly central London) will always be dictated by the client. You will be working primarily on your own, but this is also a great job for couples!
As a photo booth operator, your role will be to:
- Load the photo booth into your car
- Drive to the assigned venue
- Assemble the photo booth (it comes flat-packed and can be assembled within 45 minutes)
- Manage the photo booth for the duration of the hire (normally 3 hours) which involves greeting guests when they come to take their photos, showing them how to use the photo booth and encouraging prop swaps between pictures etc
- Disassemble the photo booth at the end of the hire and pack it away into the cases
- Load the photo booth into your car and then return home or to the storage unit to unload
You can either store the photo booth at your property or our storage unit in North London (N14 4PE) – whichever is more convenient for you.
You must be able to lift without assistance and be physically fit as the role requires lifting cases in and out of your vehicle and at the venue. The majority of our events are during the evenings and weekends and sufficient notice will be provided. Most events require availability between 4 pm – midnight, so flexibility regarding hours is a must.
You will work the first few events with one of our experienced members of staff until you learn the ins and outs of the hardware and software that you will be using, and feel confident enough to work on your own.
- Must be 18 or older (for insurance purposes)
- Must have a full UK driving licence and your own car
- Must live in London
- Must speak fluent English
- Must be available to work evenings and most weekends
- Must have experience in a client-facing environment
- Must have superior attention to detail
- Must be punctual and reliable – good timekeeping is essential for this role
- Must have a lively personality as you will be a key element in the client’s event, often becoming part of the party
No previous experience or qualifications is necessary as full training is provided.
£12.50 / hour – £100 per event (8 hours). See breakdown below:
Travel to venue 1.5 hours
Assembly 1 hour 15 minutes
Hire 3 hours
Disassembly 45 mins
Travel from venue 1.5 hours
Additional hours are £12.50 / hour
There is also a travel time allowance for venues located outside of London. Parking and congestion charges are reimbursed upon valid proof of payment. Payment is made on the next working day after each event, via bank transfer. The arrangement can be employed (zero-hours contract) or self-employed.
The current potential earnings are £500 / month and more if you are committed to accepting the majority of the events we offer you. There is also a bonus scheme for performance and recruitment.
Perfect attendance and timeliness are a must. We do not tolerate lateness.
If you would like to work for us or find out more information about the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Candidates who have not included a CV will not be considered.